The winners of the contest have been notified! Thank you to all who participated in the music-making process!
Now… onto the second part of this shindig. There’s a lot of artistic talent out there in the fandom!!! So we’ve decided to open our options and allow people to submit track art this time! It only seems fitting alongside the contest.
If you want to contribute track art to be displayed with the winning tracks, please follow these specifications:
- Each piece of art must be resizeable to 350x350. Maximum dimensions for submission are 700x700. Each file must be smaller than 1MB.
- PNG or JPG format only.
- Each piece of art must have a focus on a particular BETA/ALPHA KID or a particular TROLL/ANCESTOR. It’s okay if the art has more than one character in it, just as long as it could be construed as being “about” a particular one. It would help the filename clearly states what character it is, for example: john_egbert_sexy_bootes.png or dolorosa_by_INAFKNG.jpg
- You may only submit up to three files. Keep all three files to one e-mail.
- When you submit, give a name I can credit the art to and a link to your website/tumblr/portfolio/what have you.
- E-mail art to firstname.lastname@example.org before 11:59PM EST on Saturday, March 3rd.
Here are the answers to questions that will inevitably be asked:
Q: Why just kids and trolls? I want to draw Sawtooth and Squarewave!
A: Not every character in Homestuck is represented by the chosen tracks, and being too specific about the characters would ruin some of the surprise. It’s better for everyone if I don’t get 500 drawings of Frigglish when none are needed.
Q: I drew this fanart BEFORE you announced you were collecting art, but I cropped and resized it and now it fits the specifications. Is it okay if I submit it?
A: Yes. That is actually the main type of submission I am hoping to get, and why the deadline is so close. There is no need to draw anything new specifically for this. At all.
Q: Do I get paid if my art is chosen?
A: Nope! The idea is kind of “wow, this fanart I drew for free is now being displayed on an album. Cool.”
OK I DID NOT MAKE THIS BUT IM FOLLOWING THIS GUY ON SOUNDCLOUD AND HE POSTED THIS AND IT’S PROBABLY THE BEST ENTRY FOR THE HOMESTUCK MUSIC CONTEST I’VE HEARD YET????
kynes - davecore (upward movement)
9 minutes long jfc
Homestuck Music Contest Entry #1 - Dapper Duelling (Jake Strife)
This is my first entry into the Homestuck music contest, a Strife theme for Jake English. It’s a little bit silly, but I think it suits his rough’n’tumble attitude. I’d think of it less as a gunfight with a monster, and more as a good ol’ fashioned WRASSLE.
Also banjo solos are fun as hell to write.
Double Pistols and a Wink
Homestuck music contest submission 2
I mean business, homies.
one more, not sure what to do.
edit: there we go, thats the right version
This is the PERFECT THEME FOR JAKE
Off The Handle - hrmnzr
entry number 1 for the homestuck music contest thing
a song for dave oop
i love break beats so much